Sunday, September 19, 2010

Self Portrait

So I was going to finish this a little more, but instead I went hiking on the Appalachian Trail. This actually kinda fits a self portrait of me, because I tend not to complete projects (or not to make time to complete projects). I will probably do a little more on this and then scan it in all proper-like, because I surprised myself with how well it turned out. It is actually a drawing of a self-portrait, because I took the photo I used as reference. So yeah, I'm tired and sweaty and need to shower and sleep, but was determined to post something since I actually did something, even if it isn't finished - neither am I.

3 comments:

  1. For basically no reason at all I picture this being the distant face that Princess Leia has floating in the back of her mind when shes talking to Luke in Endor. Next time you get a min try doing some head stands and levitate a rock or two.

    You may be upset that you never finish things but on the other end of the spectrum some of us never think things are finished. I love the simplicity of this. basic lined. very graceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I think the simplicity makes your expression pop from the page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paige I like this the way it is. It's simple but it captures you. It's simple and doesn't need a lot of detail. It not only looks like you, but I think it accurately describes you as well.

    ReplyDelete