Monday, October 4, 2010

He says She says

Breaking the rules and posting on Monday morning even though they are due Sunday, since I'm banking on the fact that Sean hasn't looked at the site yet.
I went with a kinda duel opposite stance. Opposite stances that I don't quite agree with either side. Traditional views on marriage that are a little too traditional.

HIM
So now she tells me she wants to get a job.
A job! As if she didn't have enough to do already with keeping the house clean. I don't think it's too much to ask for a clean house and a hot meal after working for 12 hours straight. "But the water bill..." she whines. The water bill can wait until I have the money to pay it off. They won't turn off the water, there's people living here, they aren't allowed. This house is a disaster, if she can't keep it clean with 12 hours to work on it how the hell does she think she's gonna keep it clean with a job?
A job. As if she could get a job. Who's gonna hire her? What's she gonna do? I mean, I didn't argue when she wanted to baby sit for other people's kids, it wasn't like that really got in the way of her doing what she needed to do, and at that point our kids were still young and doing all the same things as the kids she sat for... But a real job? And what if they want her to work on my day off? Or her shift overlaps with mine? I'm supposed to come home to an almost empty house and no dinner and be fine with that?
A job. I work enough. She shouldn't. It's that simple. My job is to work and make money to pay for the things we want, and her job is to take care of our things and our kids and me.

HER
All I want is to get a little part time job. Something where I can make enough money to pay the water bill. Maybe stock away enough to pay off some of his credit cards. He doesn't see how much he spends, how that affects things. He just buys whatever he sees that he wants, and then brings it home, and adds it to the clutter that is already here. It's impossible to keep this place clean, because every time he goes out he brings something new home. And then he complains. Well, stop bringing crap home with you! Spend the money on the things you should be spending it on - paying the bills, necessities.
Just a little job. In a small store or something. It doesn't have to conflict with his schedule. I'd even try to work around the kids' college classes, so I can still drive them to school and work when I need to. That's another thing he could spend the money on, the car. That piece of plastic over the window isn't going to keep out the snow come winter. It'd be nice not to worry that the car isn't going to make it when we drive down to see his mother. Heck, a second car so that the kids could drive themselves places would be great. How are we all supposed to get to work and school and home again with just one car.
I could get a little job, and save up, and get another car.
But he doesn't want me to.
So I won't.

1 comment: