Sunday, August 15, 2010

The beginning of the Misery Competition.

Most nights I sit around and draw while watching mindless tv. Last night I while watching the previously mentioned mindless tv and scribbling little doodles I had an idea.

The idea isn't new by any stretch of the imagination. It's simple and there are hundreds of blogs and forums out there who do the same exact thing.

Someone proposes a topic, and then everyone who participates has a week to create whatever is his or her vision of that topic. Painting, photography, drawing, stitching, knitting, writing, dancing (video), etc. You get the point.

You can think of it as an assignment if that makes it easier.

You don't have to do the topic each week but the more people who do it the better.

All I need from you is your email address so I can give you permission to post on the blog. You can either post it below in the comments or email me (Peet and you can find my own blog at: http://peetsketches.blogspot.com) that you'd like to participate.

The first topic is fairly obvious and will be easier for those of us who paint/draw/design than those who write or make video.

Topic for week 1 is to make a: LOGO

*IMPORTANT EDIT*
The week runs Sunday to Saturday, or really 'til Sunday when I post the next topic/assignment.

Also the logo or banner can be for this blog (PLEASE!) but if you need to make a logo or banner for something else and want to use this as an excuse please do!

7 comments:

  1. a logo for ourselves or for the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A logo for this blog would be ideal or a banner. But if you need/want to make a logo for something else please by all means do that.

    I'll edit the post but week will run Sun-Saturday. Or really Sunday when I put up the next topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear I'm working on it. I'm just not happy with it yet. Soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. How should we submit? Just make a new post with our contribution?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make a new post with your contribution Matt.

    Andy you already figured this out, but blogger only takes .jpg unless your gonna html it from another site. But thats on you.

    ReplyDelete